Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mommy

I am sitting here at my mommy's computer, two days after her funeral. I have pushed my emotions aside as I volunteered for the daunting task of beginning to clean out her house. I am in a haze, and just want to sleep all the time. ALL THE TIME. As I sit in my haze, I manage to focus on "Survival Tips" that my mommy taped to the wall next to her computer desk. I believe these have a focus more towards caring for someone who is no longer able to care for their own self.... since my daddy has Alzheimer's. These are very appropriate "Tips" for my mommy, and ones she adhered to, whether she realized it or not. I plan to elaborate on them at some point, but as of right now I am too #blah# to do so. I will list the "Tips," however. I love you, Mommy.

* Put staying healthy at the top of your list.

* Have a backup plan in case something unexpected happens to you.

* Take one day at a time.

* Keep your sense of humor.

* Pat yourself on the back for the good job you are doing.

* Get enough rest and eat right.

* Make time for things you like to do.

* Talk about how you feel with others.

* Listen to your friends.

* Make a list of all the things your loved one can still do.

No comments: